Friday 8 October 2010

120 meals

Difficult to say if I will be ready. I do know that I will need 120 lunches, 120 dinners and 120 breakfasts.This will cover the four months. It is a clear starting point for me as I already started to collect different engridients from natura to cover these meals. The list is long but includes potatoes, peas, beans,nettles,dandelions,cabbage,beetrot,mushrooms all coltivated and from the wild.Some in the freezer and some in jars under oil.
I also have different homemade jams and chutneys. I have a parma ham hanging from last november from christine pig, some bacon ,and other meat from the wild which includes rabbits, pheasants, duck and pike.
I will be making my bread,pastas and my cheese. I have also preserved several bottles of concentrate juice from wild cherries, raspberries.damson and apples. The juice can be use with cold water for a juice drink or hot water as a tea. Other differents wild herbs are collected for making teas. I will not drink any coffee unless I will manage to make a surrogate of it from dandelion roots ( to be try in november ). .No meat or fish or any veg will be bought. Everything is ccoltivated or from the wild. having chickens will be a great help for some eggs.( I already experimented to keep them in a jar full of water and they lasted up to 2 months as fresh as the first day they were laid)
I will be making cheese once a week and bread probably twice a week. Pasta is the easiest one. I can make pasta for 3 in half an hour. My family is not directly involved in this  but they will be eating my bread and pasta and some dishes made with natural ingredients. They are free to buy food! My son Christopher is already trained to my products and is happy eating wild stuff and drinking my juices which he also takes to school. I already made different new dishes with little ingredients, and this variety is the key to eat well and not get bored with the same thing all along. I will be describing what I am preparing and adding some pictures when possible.
I did invest a small amount of money to buy a new freezer and this is already 3/4 full. It looks that I already have a lot of food but I am not sure...I already done my first exchange with Dr Drennan who provided me a wild duck in exchange of a try of my lasagna.
Peter's claypigeon shooting friend has provided some rabbits which are going to be processed into burgers. Peter is going to try the burgers as I am trying to convince him that are better than fishfingers...We will see.
See now some pictures of some of my products.

My grissini with wild herbs

My bread

My half  moon ravioli with wild herbs

No comments:

Post a Comment