Thursday 28 October 2010

four days to go

 I am  nearly there....from monday the first I will be starting my experience trying to eat only what we coltivated and what we collected from wild, with the help of some game and wild fish provided by people who have accepted in exchange some of my lasagna or ravioli.
I have already rescued some milk from the nursery and made some cheese. this weekend i will be making some bread for the all week, but still waiting from some flour to arrive ( another exchange of product).
As you know Lesley and Christopher are not involved in this ( fully ) as they will be buying any food they like, but when I will be making pasta and some other dishes they will be eating the same as me. This morning I have attempted to make my own coffee from our almonds trees from Sardinia. Not too good but drinkable. Wild fruit teas and wild herb teas are very good  and maybe I will forget the coffee unless I will improve it.
I am experimenting new dishes all the time and today I have attempted with success ravioli with pumpkin pulp. pumpking seeds were from Nursery as they are preparing for Halooween, so I have rescued some pulp attached to it and made  a filling for the ravioli. Some pictures for you to look at.




Above, pumpkins fritters
Left, Pike cleaned (in flakes )ready to be tranformed into fish cakes
Pumpkin ravioli

No comments:

Post a Comment