Tuesday 2 November 2010

Day 2

My breakfast this morning was a fry egg ( from our chikens ) two sliced of bread and jam. For the drink, concentrated damson tea. Of course, our damsons! I think the concentrated juice of those fruits are very good and easy to use.You just add cold water or hot water and the drink is ready. I have cherry, damsons,apple and raspberry in the freezer, all reduced to a thick liquid like honey. Lots of free apples are kept in the shed. some of them wil be processed to make fresh juice,mostly for christopher, and others will be used for cakes and wine. three lots of wine were made last july/august with aples from last year ( stuart ones) and the wine I have tried is good. So, I am determined to try again, but amatorial wine makers never have the same result twice.We are not scientists. I say this, because the first lot of nettle wine was really successful, to my surprise it was really good.Dr drennan will confirm this, but the second lot was not the same, and I guarantee that I have use the same procedure. All the wines are now bottled and left to mature for a bit longer.To be tried at Christmas.
Last night we all had pumpkin ravioli which I made when finished working in school. With the rest of the filling I made three calzoni ( like big sousage rolls).And about 60 ravioli are in the freezer which will provide 2 more meals for all or 6 more meals for myself!!!
Lunch today was bread and cheese and a apple at break time.Last night I have also made a carrot cake with rescued carrot base flour and rescued carrots.We had a slice each later on with a custard cream made from our eggs and rescued milk.
Tonight I made pizza.My pizza of course was without mozzarella, tomato souce and dried yeast as these engredients are from the shop. I made my pizza with beer yeast from end barrel ( were beer has been fermenting ), my flour and pumpkin left over for topping. It was different but still good. lesley and Chris had a margherita one.
So, second day gone and no problems.
Nursery staff gave me another 2.5 litre of milk near its end of date and I have already started another cheese.
I have now probably enough cheese for the month...maybe.
Tomorrow I wll post some pictures
Sample of my cheese

potatoe dish with wild sweet cecily

.

No comments:

Post a Comment