Wednesday 10 November 2010

Wednesday

Good sunny day allowed me to finish the roof in the wooden house. by the end of the week I should be able to put the metal sheets up and have the building water proof.
yesterday I received some meat from Donna's...which included 3 necks of the sheep, the tails and the kidneys. I had two of them for lunch with our grown potatoes and our grown beans ( from freezer ). I cooked the kidneys with the leaves top of our leek and my cider vinegar. Delicious. My cider vinegar was made from garden apples in an attempt to make apple wine, but one batch turned into vinegar. No problem as I use it for cooking, salads and to preserve my mushrooms. All is useful. The necks have a lot meat in it so I am planning to make a fire in the garden this weekend, and roast it. Tonight I will have more beans, potatoes and two boiled eggs from our generous chickens. I also brought to school a ,jar of my own kraut made last year from the excess of cabbage. here is the picture of today's work in the garden.











Roof is now on....












My linguine pasta dish. with creamy cheese and tomatoes sauce.

More facts:
The irrigation water used globally to grow food that is wasted would be enough for the domestic needs (at 200 litres per person per day) of 9 billion people - the number expected on the planet by 2050.

No comments:

Post a Comment