Monday 1 November 2010

Day one

Good start today. Crispy temperature outside but hopefully nice sunny day later.
Flour arrived friday from kitchen staff in exchange of my lasagna and yesterday I made my bread, a loaf and 8 rolls. I have saved the pumpkin from Saturday night and choose the worst potatoes from aur garden, cooking the lot and making two sort of bread with potatoes and with pumpkin. the result was good and this is my bread for the week. If not enough I will be making more later.So my first breakfast was sliced of my bread and raspbery jam made last August. No butter and no coffee. As a drink I had concentrate from spearmint ( from school garden made in August )with hot water.Here some pictures of the bread and pumpkin fritters.
Last night we had venison gently provided by Bruce and a mash of potatoes and pumpkins with tops of leek from the garden, all fried and then cooked in the oven with pecorino cheese on top.
My first lunch will be bread with my creamy cheese, a apple from the garden and a couple of pumpkin fritters. For dinner I am going to make pumpkin ravioli for all the family.
As you can see, from a small ,pumpkin I managed 4 different products: bread, filling for the ravioli, mash and fritters.
Small ugly potatoes.Nothing to be wasted.

Pumpkin fritters
Sample of the bread

1 comment: