Monday 15 November 2010

Two weeks gone well

Could not be a better start for the third week. Nice and sunny and the cold frosty morning is not a problem.
As planned I made more bread on Sunday morning, enough for the week ahead. Collected more parsley before the frost will kill it all ,chopphed and frozen.
 I am not making any cheese at the moment as I have plenty of it. I have used another bag of vegetables from frezer ( peas ) and I have made a dish with pasta and pig head meat made it into balls ( from last november ). At the weekend the all family had meals from  food free shops. I also made more pasta linguine and pasta egg gnocchi but dsid not have time sto start the apple wine. i was finishing the roof in the wooden house in the garden. the oldest chicken has restarted to produce eggs so yesterday we got two and today three!! I can now eat more eggs. It is interesting to realise that my approach to food consumption has changed, because I am very carefull  for example in trying to eat 2 slices of bread instead of three. I tend to save something all the time, not because is not sufficent but  I think is because I want to see if the third slice of bread was necessary or not. Sometime we eat more but not necessarily  we need it.
Temptation are around the corner all the time, in school and at home, and that is more difficult to cope. Crisps, nuts, choccolate,biscuits and other similar  stuff....I am not going to surrender. Coffee is not a problem. The fruit teas are very good , so I am not missing it. Someone has asked me what I am going to do at Christmas, well I am going to have a medioeval type of dinner as I have wild meat in the freezer. I will make a starter with the parma ham ( still hanging in the shed ) and bites of mushrooms and potatoes. lasagna for first main course, and rabbit or pheasant for second main course. Cake? I have made 5 plum cakes which are frozen. I will get one out and I will make a cream from the eggs to go with it.( My version of custard). If is dry, we will be making a fire in the garden like last year and roast a piece of meat on it.
Good enough?

Todays' fact:

The irrigation water used globally to grow food that is wasted would be enough for the domestic needs (at 200 litres per person per day) of 9 billion people - the number expected on the planet by 2050.

No comments:

Post a Comment